Thread: pateam
View Single Post
Unread 29 Jun 2008, 16:36   #21
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: pateam

Quote:
They are there for new players. New players need to know how to predict a battle via battle calcs, they need to launch, scan, calculate defence and predict the final outcome of the battle, and if they do it well they are rewarded with xp, roids, score and potentially ships. New players who dont have the scans yet will need to communicate with others to get what they need.

What's so hard to get?

If you dont scan, and Cin smashes you, then you deserve it. Particularly because you are not a new player and should know what you're doing.
=================

In theory sounds great. I said I sent my fleet thinking it wad a great idea. Fine. I get that iz suppozed to be a training ground. In practice, however, it fails to accomplish all it could. And zometimez (z juzt broke) it fruztratez itz very purpoze. It iz incredulouz to expect truly new playerz to zcore right away. Are u gonna take their fleetz 3 or 4 or 5 timez until they get it? Would that make them quit?

What is the difference between attacking 1.1-botz and attacking elsewhere? I mean, besidez that if I attack a half a mil gal at tick 500 I am virtually assured no one there knows what they are doing and you'll be pretty safe, you can calc, zcan, zee how battle goez, be happy u zcored, keep playing. But you attack a bot 1.1 and chances are you will always be covered (and yez I am zpeculating az to thiz) and outsmarted.

I simply don't see it. I am sorry. New players can accomplish all you have said with regular planets, perhaps even with more chance of success, and thuz more chancez of zuccez for PA, since only a handful of gal will have so many vets or eyes az 24/7.

As atm, they are not benefiting the universe a much a they could.

P.Z.

You gotta make zure people know how they work. I didn't. And I have played thiz for yearz. You expect zomeone dropping out of the blue to do better?

Last edited by Aedolaws; 29 Jun 2008 at 16:46.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote