View Single Post
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 23:41   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
getting rid of fake nicking in galaxies

This will be an unpopular suggestion, it has flaws and is exploitable, however, I'd like to share with you an opinion of mine.

That opinion is that fake nicking is a huge contributor to the decline of community in PA, and therefore of the game itself. In my experience, people often rarely log in with their fake nick (the bp having a 'real' gal channel and talking in that), people are distrustful, and it leads to boring and dysfunctional galaxies where nothing goes on in gal channels. To a new player who hasn't got an alliance yet, it makes PA ****ing boring.

This is mainly a suggestion to the players and particularly the HCs of planetarion.

That for one round, there is an accord between alliances that they will not fake nick, use fake relay channels and the likes.

However, it will be optional. Alliances who opt into the 'scheme' will not fake nick, and these alliances will share complete intel of any alliances that refuse to join the scheme amongst themselves, but will not share information about other alliances in the scheme (if they do, the other alliance can just retaliate by releasing their information on the original offenders).

This way there is a 'stick', and the 'carrot' is an improved game & community in galaxies that could provide extra interest to a huge number of people.

Getting it started and enforcing it would be a problem, plus it does rely on a little bit of philanthropy, but if a couple of the 'major' alliances were to take the lead and publicise this, it could easily become a popular system that could help to improve the game. I've considered a few of the arguments for and against it, but I don't want to write a huge essay just yet, and I'd like to hear what others have to think.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote