View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 16:15   #27
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
No. No matter how few scarabs, against cathaars only, you'll never get killed, and every single scarab contributes to attrition. With chimera, dealer, and shadow against cruisers too, every single scarab contributes not only to attrition through EMP blasts (initiative 1 against roach's initiative 2) which prevent the roach from firing it's blasts, also contribute more through flak. While it doesn't kill, it just nudges it so much it's definately the best anticruiser, just doesn't work well with marauder.
Well as I said, scarabs alone won't do it.

There is 1 main use for scarabs and this is stopping Cath Cr.
Either you have alot of them to make a difference aka prevent some chims, shadows or dealers from being frozen, or you're wasting a fleetslot.

So as i wanted to say, a cath either builds not a single scarab or alot of them. (so it's similar to spiders but with spiders it's easier to decide to build zero) So i think i will spend the resources from the scarabs, build scorps instead and protect the roids of a xan/etd friend of mine so that this friend can build more shadows/dealers

The only situation i can think of where the scarab is clearly the best ship to use is:
A Etd is attacking with BS+ investors (due to scorpions) and the defenders want to use marauders to steal the investors. In this situation the scarab is the ideal ship to stop the investors.

For any other situation, chims or dealers will do the job as good as scarabs.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote