View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 12:09   #5
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: JAGEX and the thousands of new planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
just think it sounds too complicated for new players. how would it be explained to them? no doubt badly. what is needed is a dedicated training alliance that maybe gets some extra benefits and is able to bring the new players into the community. or, just get it on jagex website and get so many new players that if even only a small number stay it will still be a lot.
i dont think Appoco/Cin nor Jagex is aiming at gettin a lot of signups and a very few percentage staying and playing - and i am neither
also your underestimating the influence of a thousands of new planets (which login like 1-3 times only) to the universe
Hints: Galaxy Exile system where ur the poor GC waiting 48h whenever the next dead planet gets shuffled in
or
dead-end gals with only inactives, where the few actives left exile in and loose the motivation to spend a fortune on exile nr. 100
aswell
server-load (outter-rim could run on a diffrent server)

the reason why we are not on the Jagex Page is exactly that they want to have an environment where new ppl learn the game and learn to like it.

and for the complicated part, i dunno, maybe it sounded complicated how i explained it,
but explaining to new guys "there is a button, if u press it you enter the real game and are now a target for everyone" doesnt seem too hard to me

that implemented into a nice Startup-Quest thing (like all games but PA have it) should solve "the complicated" issue.

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote