Thread: body language
View Single Post
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 18:19   #30
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: body language

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

I remember reading those. The 'tells'. Looking up and right means your retrieving something and looking down and left means you are lying etc etc. Tbh its bullshit but if you tie it in with other things it *may* indicate someone is lying or telling the truth etc.

Its clearly not fool proof tho and unless you actually know what you are looking for its somewhat stupid to say 'omg lies' whenever anyone blinks or looks in a certain direction.

That was my gripe really, I'm not discounting body language but there are plenty of people who treat little bits of information like that as gospel. And they just deserve a slap.

I recalled another one of her little gems just now, once while talking to my friend (her fella) I scratched my nose. This ment that I was, once again, lying. Something she lept into and announced to our large group of friends. When I quizzed her about it she said that touching or scratching your nose ment you're lying because the blood capillaries fill with the same reflex as blushing and when you're lying. Hence making your nose itchy.

Deriding her little nonsense only confirmed in her mind that she was right, because I protested too much. (admittidly she got that little gem from Shakespeare, not Body Language books)

Derren Brown is an interesting character when it comes to body language and psychology. I watched an interesting interview with him where he went into detail about how he manages to do what he does with people.
In it he claimed to hold a degree in clinical hypnosis, which he got bored with, then proceeded to get a further 3 degrees over the years in various forms of psychology.
Something which placed the interviewer at ease and allowed Derren to "work his tricks" on him. Problem is, Derren lied. He has a degree alright. Only one. In Law and German from the University of Bristol.

So his 'powers' are from personal research into subjects like this. Which means that there has to be some truth to the various areas he uses. Body language being one.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote