View Single Post
Unread 21 Sep 2016, 03:04   #36
Xerxes

Xerxes is on a distinguished road
Re: Remove alliance defence fleet

Ok, late to the party as usual. Read this stuff with great scarcity...

Anyway, I think the alliance def fleet system should be removed. It is extremly unbalanced. It does help less active alliances keep some roids (but why is that a good thing in the first place? Activity should be rewarded...) but it helps an alliance with a dedicated DC exponentially more.

One concrete example were the war between Ultores and Norsemen last round, Norsemen live launched on us with around 15-20 planets. I stopped them by having Ult place fr/de based anti fi/co into ally command and then have a scanner scan the tag close to tick.

That's 2 people playing vs 15-20 people playing... Is that really fair?

I'm not convinced regarding the sugested nerfs... If you limit the launching to before :55, you will only make an incentive not to go with a heavy strat. The principle is the same regardless if you use PL def or normal def. A dedicated DC can stop a greater number of people putting effort into making a good attack.

In my opinion activity among the greater number of people should be rewarded. So the ally-def should be removed. Wether it will help the playerbase or not, who knows - but it incentives the wrong things in my opinion.