View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:19   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Dynamic salvage - a way to retain players?

I have to admit, a few rounds ago I was raving for salvage that changed depending on values. I had a different idea though - instead of a ratio of the universe average value and your value (perhaps it might solve xp wh0re problems by using universe_average_score/your_score ?) - I had the differences in attacking and defending values change salvage.
Something like (their_fleet_value/your_fleet_value)*30% salvage, capped at 60% and 10%.
So say if someone with 2x your value hit you and killed some of your fleet, then you got 60% salvage, but if someone landed with only say 1/3 of your value and killed your ships, you'd only get 10% salvage on those ships. You can modify the salvage from attacking ships in the same way.

---
Edit:
The difference with this would be that ANYONE who was in combat and was being hit by fleets 2x that of the defending ship values would gain more salvage. Literally, it's a counter-bash thing not something to compensate for having a small planet. It'd mean that totally killing people was harder, but that you'd have more carefully plan how to completely kill people as the more ships you send along to destroy, the more salvage the person gets.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 5 Aug 2005 at 13:23.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote