View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2010, 23:16   #66
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I didn't realise it was such a touchy subject to mention another game... I mean, it's all very relevant to the discussion at hand isn't it. A bit of background on your new owners is useful, no?
Completely agreed - not only due to relevance but that the whole policy has lived it's day since the soviet union collapsed. Hopefully, this part of Jagex will bring enough life here to push an effort to look to turn the community more outwards and open and less inwards and despotic. It's been a tradition here for certain factions to simply enjoy over-moderating things (not just forums, but also in game).

Quote:
Until recently, Jagex were a one trick pony. You guys are part of their recent expansion into other games, but as this is a first for them, don't expect the world. Their hearts are in the right place, I think, but remember that this is their first time having an involvement with a game they aren't administering in house, and they might not have the balance between hands on and hands off right.
A heart in the right place is great enough a start in comparison to the previous leeches. Hopefully, with a bit of resources in recoding and uplifting the game, and a bit more in advertising, and a push from the existing effort (appocomaster and so forth) will be enough to put the cart running upwards again.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote