View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 09:13   #39
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
I dont overly disagree with you here. Yes Defence is where the real game is and only if you manage that part you can win.
But the universe is (sadly only) consisting of 700 planets, out of which only 1 will actually win and another 29 to make the superb top30. What about the other 670 players (i assume every planet is 1 player )

Don't you think it should be about what keeps them playing ?

And thats where i disagree with you, i dont think the majority of those guys enjoy the defensive aspect over the offensive. Though some for sure do.
Also in an offensive set you can still defend and enjoy that aspect of the game, it just is harder to be succesful.

At the same time i think that quite a lot of ppl dont wanna take part in the communicative aspect, maybe because they dont know about its enjoyment or benefit - or whatever reason. Personally i have some rl friends(played r3-r9.5) that quit playing PA, because they had to be on irc and all that stuff.
Oh ofc you will get the odd player who doesn't like the social aspect, that's a given we are a diverse bunch after all. It doesn't mean though that you shouldn't be trying to incorporate them into the team aspect rho, even if it fails.

I also believe that it's not about whether they enjoy the defensive aspect or not, it's more that a lot of them have never experienced it. Not to talk bad of them but a player who has played 30 rounds in HR may never experienced an properly active defensive environment. Maybe hasn't ever woken to see a def page full of white recalls and an irc channel full of chat about the crazy defence of the night before. If you haven't seen it then they cannot know if they would enjoy it or not. But that is something for alliances to promote and encourage, it's more finding the players to take defence by the scruff of the neck and make it happen. Good defence breeds good defence.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote