View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 08:02   #34
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Again, as you keep on going about Ultores. I dont think the majority on these forums (it isnt actually many, that even voted on the poll) is seeking a set of stats where they have the best chance in beeting ult!

It is more about enjoying the key aspect of the game, which is landing succesful attacks, be it for the glory in roiding a powerhouse, the xp involved or the free roids.

The standard casual player in a mediocre alliance will be roided anyhow, no matter if the set is defensive or not. As he will simply not always get the defensive support due to several possible reasons. Be it himself failing to spot a fake, no defence been sent from ally/gal or whatever ****up/disability. It doesnt matter how many holes his fleet setup has.
Personally i dont even think that the described casual dude is bothering with roid loss too much (hes used to it anyhow), as long as hes able to succesfully land his fleet on someone else.

Now if we use a overly defensive set the only ones benefiting are the 100 planets, that dc themselves, get the alliance and ingal support and spot the fakes coming at them.
The key-factor here is reducing incoming-waves before they even launched - which is usually achieved by forcing your opponent to use many fleets each wave. So lets say Alliance A is sending 49 att fleets on 1 gal consisting of 7 hostile planets: Thats either 7 waves each planet (1 fleet attack) in a very attack oriented setup, where every planet has their holes in fleetsetup, or 2 waves each planet if you have to use 3 or 4 attack-fleets each wave.
So what's easier to cover ? 7 waves on your planet, or 2?
Even if those 7 waves can be covered by just 1 fleet each, its 7 fleets your opponent has to use...

Finally, why is it so hard to bring down ult, asc, apprime or whoever was the top shots at their times?
Usually those alliances should crumble soon when beeing steadily hit with about 100 fleets at night. The issue is that the most alliances around wont uphold the pressure of sending this constant amount of incs as quite many ppl around loose the interest in attacking someone that is getting covered night after night.
So the amount of fleets beeing sent is dropping fast, all you have to do is 2-3 nights of hard effort in covering everything. Soon alliances will have to add some unallied planets to their raids to keep motivation up and the number of fleets beeing sent at the #1 is dropping even further.

Why am i going on about this?
Because in my opinion having the casual and mediocre player beeing able to land (even on bigger alliances) is what keep this game alive. Nothing else.
You are wrong to presume that everyone only finds enjoyment in attacking. There are plenty of people who enjoy the defensive side more than the attacking (see Recluse as an example). Alliance defence, dcing, ingal defence is actually a far more interactive and social experience than attacking. In any alliance you can attack every night and never talk to anyone, never interact with your team. On defence you have to communicate, coordinate and work as a unit. Effective defence is about being a cog in a greater machine. Getting your member to actively communicate in defensive coordination would do more to make them stick at playing than just chucking up a galaxy for them to randomly attack every night.

I personally say that I barely remember the best attacks I landed, but nights where we covered large incs or where the team pulled together to repel an aggressor are still in my mind (in a gal with dybi normally). I'm sure many people here can agree that that guy turning up at 5 mins to tick with 3 fleets of defence which covers those last 3 incs creates a bigger team thrill than when 5 of you land the 3rd wave on a t10.

I would even hazard a guess that the lack of team spirit garnered through poor defensive displays from alliances like CT, p3n does more damage to their ability to win tight rounds than anything else.

Any mug can gain roids, as carDi has shown you can even just init them and rank well. It's defence that is where the real game is and you guys want to hamper it
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote