View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 07:01   #32
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The culture will remain the same, but if the available means of defense are reduced, their defense will worsen as much as everyone else's. What offensive stats do is reduce the number of incomings any alliance can cover. That goes as much for Ultores as it does for Howling Rain. The difference between those 2 alliances is not the number of incomings they can cover with the fleets they could theoretically have available if everyone was 100% active, but the number of fleets per member they actually end up sending.

Offensive or defensive stats neither help nor harm Ultores. The relative ability of the alliances to defend remains roughly the same, even if their absolute ability is reduced.
I kind of see what you are saying but I think Tia's point is valid.

Last rounds stats were slightly defensive and yet no other alliance was able to generate effective defence to counter incommings. Now people are calling for stats that reduce that ability to defend even further.

The glaring problem with ST stats is that unless you want glaring holes in your fleet you need to build 5+ different ships. When most alliances normally operate on a 65/35 att/def split this means you end up with at best 25% of 1 ship and 10-15% of another. There is a chance that one of these ships will be for self coverage and not meet alliance eta and be redundant for alliance defence. As last rounds stats show us Ultores is far superior to others when it comes to galaxy defence meaning these redundant ships will still be used by them effectively unlike other alliances.

All ST sets do is weaken the defpool available, even more so than they allow for more lands offensively. When you have 1 alliance that can get a 90% def turnout every night against a bunch of alliances that get 40% at best this gap of ability to hold roids and gain value just widens and widens.

The Inc stats show that ult still managed to be in the top 2 hostiles to 3 competing alliances last round, still able to roid them to a comparable level to how they were getting roided even with 120+ incs every night for the 2ND half of the round. This means they recover roids/hold roids and build value at a higher rate than others and now you are all asking for an environment that increases their ability to do this compared to their competitors.

I genuinely refuse to believe that anyone also enjoys playing in an environment where you cannot hold your roids under the smallest amount of adversity, it's just not fun to have a smaller fleet, less roids and watch all your gains from landing wiped out every time you get above a certain threshold. Yet again this is the environment you are asking for....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote