View Single Post
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 15:15   #12
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [economics]the state of the us-economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well if the money is going back into the US economy then there is no problem, if the money is spent in China then it is creating more Chinese consumers and furthermore since foreign investors own the major Chinese corporations, then the money keeps going round any way. Problem solved, we can all sleep soundly again.

You could present figures like any half sane economist. Lets see your stats please.

Good to see your hard nosed analytical work has had dividends. I provide a professionally produced poll, you spoke to some guys in a bar.

So essentially you are more of an accountant vthan an economist then. Here to look out for the wealthy elite and make sure they get their tax breaks:

What's the purpose of the economy Mr Wu_Trax?
WT: I don't know I guess it's to watch money.
So nothing to do with the distribution of resources then?
WT: Pish posh, what ever gave you that idea.
So how would you alleviate poverty?
WT: I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying.
I mean how are people without access to resources supposed to get resources.
WT: No you've lost me there, maybe its a bad line
Its an internet forum.
WT: Oh look a tun.......

First of all, I never said that Bush's taxbreaks are a very bright idea. They are not. However it doesnt matter one bit to the chinese if the evil, filthy rich who exploit the masses buy chinese big screen TVs or if you publicly hang all those evil CEOs and stock owners and let the suppressed, poor masses buy those big screen TVs. As long as they have their market, the Chinese couldnt care less.
Now, for the Chinese. Right now they have some 800 billion Dollars invested in US-assets. What could they possibly do with that? They can't cash it in, because who is going to want all that money? They cant buy american goods with it, because the Us simply doesnt produce that many goods any more. On the other hand they have large production capacities, which are used to produce stuff for american consumers. What are they goign to do with them if the US-demand stops? They cant just sell them on the domestic market, because the average chinese guy just isnt rich enough just yet to buy all that crap.