View Single Post
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 13:31   #48
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The fantastic secret abundance of crap planets in 1:1

Some of this more recent bout of complaints probably stems from the number of asteroids initiated. When I was updating a minor part of the ticker, I accidently disabled the bot update feature (which is run after the ticker has finished, by the ticker). When I re-enabled it, it showed a previously-unknown roid-initiation bug where some of the planets spent lots of resources on asteroids. As most of them had around 3 mil resources total, this ended up being quite a few roids. However, as the round progresses, the bots should be more steady, and build a fair amount of ships. Hopefully we can even add some sort of learning ability to allow them to stop incomings and defend each other, but this is not a definite.
This was as much an experiment as anything else, and we put them in 1:1 so we could keep them out of the way of all the other galaxies and see how they faired. Learning and adjustment can be taken from the experiences so far this round to improve them forthwith :-)