View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2016, 23:08   #338
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: r67 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Great work sherlock!
However it's shared and hosts a bouncer for quite a few people who dont want to use irc cloud on quake and usenet, as well as small business websites. I'll have to do my own investigations though about usage of our IP in the access logs.
are you telling us anyone of your hosted clients or bouncer pals can masquerade as you?

not only does it seem odd people who are chilling on that awesome irc network usenet but also people hosting small business websites would be interested in logging into any PA tool, i mean where would that get them but potentially in trouble for no benefit of their own o_O

and for you to crosscheck the IP's in your webserver logs against known tor nodes before securing your own server from a potentially malicious user seems a bit suspect too, i mean the issue was somebody using your IP to login to other sites at which point did you decide the best place to find this information was to look through your webserver logs?

anyway i wouldn't host my website with you

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote