Thread: Laptop Problems
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 10:44   #22
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Laptop Problems

in my experience it will almost certainly be the LCD panel that is faulty. You could try replacing the harness (the cable that connects it to the motherboard) but they wont only cost you pennies to buy and if it doesnt fix the problem you will have wasted the £30-£50 it will probably have cost to buy plus the time you spent installing it.

It might be a loose connector as suggested but unlilkely in my experience considering you have had the laptop for years without problem. That sort of thing doesnt just waggle about in there its pretty snug and in cases of loose connectors its usually evident fairly early on and down to poor assembly.

You could try to download some ASUS diagnostics and see if there is a video chipset test to run, but this will most likely be integrated on your motherboard so to replace will require a new motherboard.

IMO your best bet is to ensure it is not a loose cable problem or a graphic chipset problem first then try and get an old broken ASUS laptop from ebay and swap the LCD panel over, it wont be too tricky if you are careful but looking around on google I cant find any disassembly instructions to help you.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote