Thread: Allow multing
View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 23:57   #16
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Allow multing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
I might do. Though I still dont like the length of the round.

Personally I think the round is almost always over after 5-6 weeks. and anything after that is just wasted time, which makes everyone get bitter and causes people to leave.

If they ever cut the round time down to a sensible amount, then I think a lot more people would play. Its not like Jolt wouldnt gain out of it either, as they would generate more revenue annually due to an increased # of rounds per year.
1000 ticks per round would be worth it, no? Would almost fit to 6 weeks. + 2 weeks signup time would mean that we could play 5 to 6 rounds a year.

Considering Cayl's suggestion about multi-planets (which should definately be though through imho) this could actually benefit us all. Once the player base has grown big enough, however, the round most likely needs to be slightly increased again in its duration.

The overall side-effects tend to be overwhelming from a first look: allowing 2 planets per player takes stress from the new people, it highly increases the universe size and amount of alliances.

Personally I am all up for giving it a try.