View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2013, 16:49   #8
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: Feedback requested: Covert Ops

I honestly think Covops are a blight on the game. I would like to see Covops removed from the game, because I feel they have a negative and lopsided impact on the game. For example:

-Have no need for defense, which results in lower social interaction, which is essentially a core principle of the game.

-Have an enhanced ability to attack planets of high value, which are not able to retaliate themselves

-Essentialy immune to attacks from fleets and covops in general.

-Reduce the "attackable player pool" of active PA players, which is extremely limited, and becoming moreso as each round progresses, unfortunately to the death of the game.

There is also the component of Covop planets being able to play high tier value planets, with relative ease. Although this may perhaps be countered by the restructured covop tech tree, which I am currently unfamiliar with.

Regardless, as a result of Revolution, I am sure the extremely buffed researched path which goes hand in hand with early game covop planets which transition into value, is still absolutely viable, again, without the the ability to counterplay.

I feel covops is extremely damaging to current PA play, because it affords the ability to play both high value while being uncounterable, while also restricting and reducing the social interactions which are core to the game.

I believe covops need an absolute overhaul, so that value plants have not only an ability to defend against them which is not in itself crippling to your chosen game style, but also counterplayable, so that they are not free to do whatever they chose, without any impact whatsoever.

But yeah, TLDR; covops are ****ed because u can do whatever the **** u want, and noone can touch you, and you can still be huge value while you do it. That's bullshit. Every other planet in the game has an avenue where planets can be "punished" or "retal'd" why doesn't covops?

Fix it.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote