View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 12:59   #38
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: In the wake of recent events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
I'm kinda steady-dating this girl atm and so far I've offered to pay (she had her wallet in her hand for the movies etc) and paid for everything (movie, drinks and game of pool) because she's a student and I work already.
Yeah. Well, the way I see it at least she's intending to pay, albeit evidently you don't let her. Some women find it ackward that the male pays all the time, while some are fine with it, and personally I wouldn't on long term be interested in anyone solely under my wing so to say. Why don't you just let her pay for something small, so you can keep your gent's ego up with yourself and you're both happy with the illusion? It's understandable that you being in a different situation, and, especially if you've been going out longer, that you take the tab but it's definately good she's showing interest in paying too (and as said, you should let her some time).

It was last autumn, or early winter to be specific, that I had been dating this girl for a few weeks, and she suggested going out to see a movie. Having not had better things to do, I went out to see some random film with her. Earlier on, I had paid for some small stuff like drinks and pool, while she had paid some herself but never the other way around. Anyways, while we were picking up the tickets she said roughly "You'll pay, right?". I walked her home from afterwards, turned away from the kiss, and said said her the classical "you're a nice girl, but not quite it, maybe we could be friends".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Buying a drink for somebody you never met is a bit much I think, I mean as an opener ofcourse. But if you've been talking to her a while about random stuff, offering something to drink is alot better in my opinion.
More of the topic, though. Buying a drink as an opener is a bit stupid yeah (well, it gets you to sit with the harpies for a while, unless you pull a Dante), but after a chat I guess it's fine. Why it's the man (in gender-gender roles) paying for the social prostitution though, is hard to say.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote