Thread: R65. Who wins?
View Single Post
Unread 23 Feb 2016, 16:31   #294
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: R65. Who wins?

Yes, that is the correct conclusion. When the pool of players gets to this point, and after this many rounds have passed, it is only natural that the best players have gravitated towards each other. I'll quote Mz again from page two because he was spot on. Personally I don't see #2 happening, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
To keep them down so that p3nguins or Faceless can win. This is the what Chimpie calls 'unambitious' and on the face of it, he's right.

However, there's more to it than that.

What if Ultores isn't stopped from running away with every round from tick 0 onwards? What happens then? In my view, this would either result in them farming everyone to death, or everyone dying of boredom, including Ultores themselves. So either you spend all round keeping Ultores down, even alliances that have no chance to finish #1, or you spend all round waiting for next round, while Ultores wins this one with ease. I think the former choice is the lesser of the two evils.

I see three possible solutions:
1) Do nothing, Ultores stops whining every time they get mass incs for 800 ticks (ie, every round). The universe accepts that this is what happens when one alliance is so much stronger than all others. Status quo.
2) Another alliance steps up their game. If Ultores had serious 1-on-1 competition, politics would become interesting again. Lower ranked alliances could then use their ability to help one or the other alliance win, without having to block up with 4 other alliances for 4 weeks to keep 1 strong alliance down.
3) Ultores stops caring so much and starts playing worse. If alliances only have to hit Ult a couple of days to push them back down, like they do with other alliances, they'll shift their attention elsewhere pretty quickly, like they do with other alliances.

Let me stress that no one is obligated in any way to do any of these things. But unless someone does, PA will find itself in this situation again and again.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote