Thread: London today
View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 13:34   #113
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: London today

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
If you're a Jew you shouldn't have a problem wearing the star of david round your neck.
of course, and if some jews start blowing themselves up in crowded places under a religious argument, then other jews should not be suprised if they get searched.
Quote:
I don't think it's as simple as saying 'I don't care if they searched white people' because it's not going to happen, being a majority white country.
as dante said, yes it will, but for statistical reasons only, because the police know full well that the odds of them finding a white suicide bomber are lower than (the already incredibly low) odds of finding an asian suicide bomber. Whites will still get searched "just to even the numbers"
Quote:
It also challenges innocent until proven guilty as well as the liklihood of non-white people being charged with drug offences and the such and in essence criminalises an entire group of people because of a violent minority.
I see no challenge to "innocent until proven guilty" - this is a preventative measure. there are a large number of these kinds of preventative measures in a number of fields, from medicine, where dialysis patients must be tested for HIV before being allowed dialysis, through to police background checks for a variety of jobs. It is unfortunate that certain groups will ultimately be investigated more thoroughly for this, but the fact of the matter is, that when you look at the 8 photos of suicide bombers in london, not one of them is a white guy. As I mentioned before, the muslims and asians will already be stared at far more than anyone else. why? because all the bombers were from those ethnic groups. Also the other boat full of asians at the whitewater rafting club will also be investigated. Do you think it is fair that more police time is put into investigating this group than is put into invesitigating all the white people who turned up that day or do you think it is unfair?

your issue regarding drugs and so on is an interesting one in that, since muslims might be searched more, more drugs will be found amongst muslims, regardless of whether more muslims carry drugs than other groups, but I think it is a bit of a diversion, and would quite easily be illuminated through the percentages involved.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote