Thread: R31 shipstats
View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 14:26   #338
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: R31 shipstats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Yes, it's all in the beta, as soon as appoco puts it public we can all see

The biggest fears from everybody have been xand overpowering, with terran overpowering also in there. Etd's weakness has also been mentioned.

In response I pushed harpy/phantom init in line at 5. Might bring phoenix init to below warfrig, or just push warfrig back to init 7.

In order to give terran CO-with-dragons another weakness (now that they're tough to anything that's not an EMP fleet) I pushed broadsword init to 6, dragon to 7, xan CR->BS ship to 8.

Also reduced firepower of harpy and increased armour/dmg of xand CR->BS ship.

EDIT: People kicked up a shitstorm about xand which suggests we could have expected a massively xand universe, and the relative numbers of each race affects balance a lot. If all races were evenly split, I honestly don't think xand FI/CO are overpowered, but a lot of people thought they were so we'da seen a lot of xands. People only seem to look at class/target/init and not at A/C D/C. Which I guess is why everyone thought etd BS would be awesome last round, when they were clearly mediocre.
Hmmm thats alot of changes. Im not sure if it was necessary to to do all that. I think a t2 on the harp may have been subtle enough to still enable Xan to land as much, but also giving enough viable options/flak to def against, while still leaving terran CO open to incs enough to not need all the extra changes.

The stats where pretty much close to finished, Im not quite sure if the extra changes where necessary.

Edit: Btw can we please get an updated stat sheet? Im looking for warfrig and not being able to find it D:

P.P.S: I still think the xan eff is more than enough to cause most people to run fleets from fakes. While you may want to play it safe with your real, your fakes give you a rather large eff boost, based on mental intimidation. Not too many others can send 5k pods and force a planet to run out of terror. For this reason alone xan eff needs to be on the cautious side, as 9 times out of 10, if a target cant get def, he will run fleet. 380+ xan D/C on paper is one thing, but in reality its a fk load more.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 15 Apr 2009 at 14:41.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote