View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2013, 20:08   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 51 scan change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Sorry but lets be realistic and say that unallied planets are not decent planets. This change is far more detrimental than it is benefical. Currently as an alliance DC you can get away with just using U scans except for cloaked incs (and then sometimes you can still get away with it by seeing what the attacker is sending pod wise and what the target is self covered against), its just a case of slightly over covering a call by say 15% and you will have the same effect as using an AU scan.

The game is basically an alliance game now, especially in this smaller universe so using unallied planets as the the pro basis for the change is wrong... simple.
unallied planets are new players which we generally want to keep, rather than letting the memberbase continue to shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If I invest a ton of resources in dists, why should people who didn't invest anything in amps be able to scan me?
Dists should be made quicker and cheaper to build and not be used to make your planet fully immune to scans but to make them less effective. That they can only rely on unit scans and landing scans to attack you.

Even without this change, Disting was only really viable for Xan's and with this change? its basically the same as you'll be able to build whatever ships your trying to fake due to the ETA you need to send at.

To play this game at all, you need access to Landing Scans and Unit Scans at a bare minimum. Alliances got round this problem by simply having dedicated scanners but casual players and new players will not have access to these scans and therefore cannot play the game; Thats hardly a good design choice.

Im pro Landing Scans and Unit Scans available at tick 0 and being unblockable for this reason.

People will still want scanners, as JGP's are far easier to use as it gives you a 4 minute window and actually allows you to calc while people will still want AU's for cloaked ships.

Im not adverse to changing the unit scan to make it less effective but i cant think of a way to do that while still allowing planets without access to dedicated scanner to actually play the game. Unless unit scan now only gives you the total amount of ships (excluding cloaked) and what ships the player has built for example: 20k ships, X, Y, Z.

Required dedicated scanner planets in order to play the game, is outdated and harmful to the overall game. It must change and to argue that its extremly bad as it will ruin one of 4 viable ways of playing the game? i cant help but laugh. The last time anyone even played via all out disting and did well was over 20 rounds ago. Now dists are used to block incoming scans and that wont change with unit scans being unblockable.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote