View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 13:47   #53
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

I do agree; I don't like the system as it is either (especially the need to continually quantify pupil's progress against each other and a set standard). Yet what Dante/nod are proposing is simply unrealistic and overly dramatic.

The best way to get children to learn is to adapt the skills they NEED to know into areas they enjoy. for example, I teach ICT, so a skill might be "understand cell referencing in a spreadsheet". I could just tell them to do it and give them a worksheet, but that's incredibly dull and they wouldn't enjoy it; so therefore wouldn't learn from it. Instead, if I got them to create a template of the Premier League table and input the scores from the weekend, then create formula around it, they could see how/why it works.

That's for ICT though - it isn't that hard to get them to enjoy the work as most kids enjoy using computers. Something like maths or english is probably more difficult to teach to children who simply don't enjoy reading/language or doing maths.