View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 13:27   #43
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The GD Music Archive

Rock/Pop

Muse - Showbiz

The first album from this fantastic threepiece. Subtle in places yet manic and heartfelt in others, the album swings from emotion to emotion. If you are familiar with their later work then this will feel a little rougher and far less polished. It's a snapshot of a band just starting out on a road of talented performances. Rawer than their later albums, there are some seriously impressive musical flurishes, showcasing the overall talent this band possess. A moody piece, its well worth a listen. Highlights include 'Sunburn' and 'Uno'

Soulwax - Much Against Everyones Advice

While being a nice blend of guitar music influenced by electronica, this band still retain the normal feel of a good band yet augment it with subtle twists of samples, drum loops and other embellishments.
The music is clearly Rock/Pop however and have some bittersweet songs mixed with agressive and quirky music. You get an overall sence of humour in their work which is a refreshing change from many bands who've dissapeared up their own arse.
If you're looking for something different within the Rock/Pop genre but something that doesn't stray too far from the safe cosyness of the scene then this is worth a look. Highlights include 'Too Many Djs'