View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:39   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Gym / Muscle Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Next day i wake up and im unable to full straighten my right arm. It hurts like ****. The pain is coming from the joint 'area' (just above the joint actually) on the inside of the arm. I suppose its the bicep but very lowest part of bicep.
This is normal, I get this when I havent been to the gym for a while and yeah, it can be sore as hell. I couldnt get my arm past maybe 135 degrees at one point.

Quote:
However im worred i may have ****ed both my arms. Whilst using the arm curl machine i noticed that my arm had 'slipped' its position and i wasnt rotating inline with where the machine itself rotated (i know this is something you should do to prevent injury and strains etc).
If both your arms have the same sort of pain, then I doubt this is the problem. If it hasnt got better in a couple of days time, go to the doctors though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Ill use the free weights from now on. Thing is that ive read that although free weights are better in terms of using more muscles and supporting muscles which machines dont they also pose a greater risk of injury because the movement can go to shit if your arm gives in causing problems. hence why ive stuck to the machines for now.
Machines are widely considered more likely to cause injury than free weights afaik. Doing single joint exercises like your arm stuff on a machine is fine, but for something like squats or bench presses it makes your body move through an unnatural range of motion, which probably isnt a great idea. As long as your technique is good and you arent trying to lift more than youre capable of doing, the only real risk of injury from freeweights is if you drop one on your foot.

Last edited by Nodrog; 3 Oct 2006 at 21:46.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote