Thread: I hate Cricket
View Single Post
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 16:03   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I hate Cricket

Dropped catches arent bad luck, they are your own fault.

Luck is something you have no control over. Catching a cricket ball you have control over, an umpire raising his finger wrongly you have no control over.

What about if thered been another hour's play? Australia were only 80 runs off winning. If there hadnt been cheap dismissals (ie 1329: WICKET Australia 129-3 (Martyn 19) England enjoy a huge slice of fortune when umpire Steve Bucknor gives Martyn out lbw to Harmison, even though replays show he got an inside edge. ) then maybe Australia wouldnt have been in that situation in the first place? The test ran WAY over, there was no more time left to play, you were in no way "unlucky". You could have declared earlier on day 4, that was your choice.

Why do so many people not understand the difference between being unlucky and unfortunate? England were "unfortunate" not to get the 10th wicket at old trafford. You werent unlucky, and didnt deserve to win, because you didnt take 20 australian wickets - nor did you bowl 20 balls that "deserved" 20 australian wickets.

As to your other point,

Australia were much better in the 1st test.

Tests 2, 3 and 4 have been very even, but England have got all the lucky decisions. Its quite that simple.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote