View Single Post
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 13:06   #343
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold
Re: R31 rumour thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish View Post
I play in ascendancy because of the community and the loose, all in style of leadership. People may come for the glory but stay because they like the method of play.
well thats what i mean, people ORIGINALLY joined asc for the community and play style (i guess the appeal of playing with and learning with some of the best players in the game was also a factor)

whether people stay because they like the method of play is yet to be seen...as asc have won 4 of the past 5 rounds.

imo if we were to see a shift in things to asc going back to 'not caring' a lot of the members would move on...but thats merely a guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish View Post
I'm not suggesting this is mimiced exactly, but if anyone in the opposition strayed from the rigid hierarchy of HC/BC/whatever (I haven't been in an alliance with HC since Deus so I apologise for being naive) and created something more fun, with the important element of allowing members the freedom to get properly involved I suspect that the mentality of "asc or nowhere" as well as the domination will end.
allowing the members to get properly involved? :P

most alliances with rigid hierarchy are BEGGING people to get more involved but the quality, experience and motivation of players in these non-elite alliances simply cant cope with it. people who want involvement can have it, ive been promoted to HC in the past 2 alliances ive played in in the past 2 rounds, simply by helping out and working for the ally. even in omen which was rated relatively highly member participation and enthusiasm was minimal. it wasnt only a shortage of people wanting to help out and DC or BC, but even if people had incs many cba to come online to do calcs. attacking at night many people cba to look at the targets and pick something or organise a teamup.

the 'freeeeeeedom' model is very idealistic and can work with the right playerbase (as asc have shown), but to think that it is the answer to the problems in the game regarding alliances and competition atm is indeed...very naive.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote