View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2013, 11:00   #224
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: The round so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
The reason i crashed my galaxy onto a FAnG incomming? Because this round is dead in the water as a contest and i was bored. TGV wasnt going to win, my gal wasnt going to win, none of the planets in my gal were going to win, that is all.
When your galaxy started crashing the contest definitely wasn't over. Granted when you did it probably was but if anything your crash was the nail to the coffin.

Quote:
TGV was run poorly this round, from about tick 400 onwards (when they decided to 'crack down on emo') a lot of members lost intrest in playing for the team and just looked after themselves. I still dont remember there ever being a fleet build guide sent out, there were members that never put their numbers in the bot and basically slept well every night then tried to scoop up half of TGV's total def fleets to cover a few waves on themselves which pissed off a lot of people.
Perhaps you should read your ingame mail and links that are posted in the topic. Hell if i am not mistaken you even helped setting up that fleet build guide. There were some members that didnt have their numbers in the bot, for various reasons. As HC we respected ppl's reallifes, unlike yourself who had hissyfits on every occasion when someone's reallife meant they couldn't bow to your wishes within 3 minutes. The ones that didn't put in their phonenumbers were monitored for their defensive effort and corrected when the HC deemed it necessary.

Quote:
I dont think TGV actually played bad alliance politics, it was more a victim of its own offensive success which made it the first target for the block instead of Apprime, who imo were very good block buddies btw, they saved a lot of TGV planets during the big incommings. TGV did however play really bad internal politics, i dont think any of its 'new recruits' (except Pokes!) brought anything to extra to the team, they all were either defensively inactive or insanely selfish with their planet. The crackdown on the way the HC team wanted people to talk in the channel made coming on irc boring and that lead to inactivity in the channel for a lot of the round, tbh i have never seen an alliance channel so quiet, especially when competing for #1.
Ahh yeah, we attempted to quell the constant trolling as we spend more time fixing the fall-out of it than on actually planning and maintaining the alliance. A trend that started when we made our worst decision ever, to recruit you. Hell if it hadn't been for the fact you brought 8 ppl to TGV (of whom we considered 7 to be valuable additions to us) I very much doubt you would have lasted more than 2 days in TGV. You literally done little else than attempting to hijack us over and over again. I've never seen someone with so little respect for authority, and such a stinky attitude towards teamplay, beyond your own little team. By keeping you around we send out a message to everyone it was ok to violently disagree with anything the HC's did or said. And while TGV's HC's generally don't shy away from a discussion, when ppl respect the hierarchy of the alliance, this round most of the discussions grew into huge arguments/shouting matches within 2-3 lines of texts. It is this attitude in members that HC's came down hard on.

As for our new recruits, we have been fairly happy with the biggest part of them, sure some of them have proven to not be a good fit with us but that happens everywhere. It's mostly been older members that caused the trouble this round.

Quote:
I personally wont be playing a full round of PA again, real life takes over now and i have offered my services as an emergency late starter for a few friends and that will be all i will do now. After putting in a lot of effort to finish t100 for quite a few rounds to suddenly get the same rank with little effort and without attacking at all made me see PA for the shit game it now is, it genuinely isnt worth losing sleep over anymore
ahh good riddance

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote