Thread: Reset time?
View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2014, 21:58   #52
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Reset time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I agree with Kaiba that the imbalance in the stats is not the cause of the current "trouble" of holding onto roids. The fact that they're very offensive is the cause of that. If they had been more balanced they would be just as offensive.

The imbalance in the stats is problematic in a different way: it reduces the range of possible alliance race strategies, and makes choosing the wrong race very harmful (keep in mind, we haven't all been playing this game for 10 years).
Yes what it has done in my eyes anyway is actually make planning and strategy very important to the round. Its actually shown up the lazy HC teams who just skim stats and pick something they think is easy. What is coming across is that those that put some time and effort into scenerios and actually used the beta bcalc twigged on pretty quick that XP was the way to compete rank wise this round, that roids would be swapped at a unprecedented rate and that defence would be pointless (especially for the first half of the round).

Im actually very impressed with these stats now after being cautious when they were first released. These are attacking stats, normally they end up horifically defensive but they seems to have hit the nail on the head this round, bravo!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote