View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:09   #22
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: For the Love on Moses

I will tell you why you aren't getting a job at places like Iceland.

It's because you are over qualified and you aren't going to be working there for the next 5 years.

Why would I as a manager, employ a history graduate to stock shelves? Why would I spend money training him? Why would I risk my autonmy by having someone intelligent around to question me? Why would I have a thinker in the team who could disrupt group moral by trying to be a leader, not a follower.

If you want to work at a supermarket, they don't want you to have a degree, they want you to be working there for the next 20 years, be friendly and see your job as the greatest thing sinced sliced bread.

Firstly, you are going about this the whole way.

It's boring. You come on here one minute saying how you are stone broke, can't find a job etc. Next minute you have a job. Next minute you are to good for it etc etc.

Getting a job isn't as hard as you make out. It's effort. Make looking for a job your full time activity.

What interests you? Could you do a sales job? Could you do IT support? Have you considered teaching in japan or korea for a year? There are many things out there. For now why don't you go into a Reed or Pertemps and get yourself a temp job. It's not difficult and the pay is decent.

If they ask you what have you done for the past year, this is the most crucial part.

Do not, under any circumstances, say you have been unemployed.

You must lie. You must say you have been travelling for a year. Choose a route, do some research on it, ie SE Asia and when you go to an interview you can talk about it.

This kills a few birds with one stone. Firstly it explains your lack of work experience since you left uni. Secondly travelling the world is looked upon as a real achievement. That is as good as work experience. Finally it doesn't make you look like a failure (not that you are, you have a good 45 years of working life left in front of you).