View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:19   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: For the Love on Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I finished university a year ago. I have no field of study. there is nothing I particularly want to do so I have aplied for everything, without sucess.
You finished uni, so you must have graduated for something. So, what is it? What are you good at?
Perhaps your problem is that you don't want anything in particular. So what do you put in those letters? "I am applying because I have nothing to do" ?
Sorry man, I get a bit ticked off from people who don't know what they want to do or don't care what they do. My lil' brother is like that. He works in a factory, never finished an education, and complains sometimes and mentions he "might want to go back to school" and when I ask him why he doesn't and what he wants to study he gets all grumpy and says "I don't know, I don't care" and walks away. He's not stupid or anything, but damn... how are you supposed to work with people like that other than putting them next to a conveyor belt.

I'm telling you this, it's an attitude problem and a lack of self-knowledge. Get to know yourself. Get to know what you like. Get to know what you want to do for the coming three years. Gettting what you want begins with knowing what you want.
Do you want to work in a factory? Do you want to work in an office? Do you want to fill out forms as a job? Do you want to go back to university? Do you want to drive a truck? Do you want to join the army? As a civilian? Do you want to learn IT stuff? Do you want to learn bookkeeping?
What do you want? Get your act together and know what you want!
And if YOU know what YOU want, you can convince others it's a good idea to invest in you and teach you what you want. No one wants to invest in someone who has no idea what he wants.

So take a look around you, your family, friends. Is any of them doing something that you want to do? Do you kind of envy someone for doing a particular kind of job? I am sure there is someone!
How did they get there? Where did they start? Can you start there too? Or can you skip a few steps and be as successfull as them but in less time?

So get your things together, take a look around, and find something you want, something to aim for, something to work for. To get what you want.