View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 17:19   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
For the Love on Moses

I need a job. I don't care what I do. Actually, that's not true. I do care what I do and I want to do something which is either

1) enjoyable, challenging and fulfilling spiritually
2) a menial desk job with minimum human interaction

It seems that every job I go to apply for requires experiance. the number of jobs I look at and think 'I could do that, no problem!' until I get to the end and it says 'experiance essential' or words to that effect. Does that put me off? No! Do I ever get an interview? No! Do I every get a rejection letter? Only off the council!

Needless to say this can get very irritating and has actually led me to being unemployed for what is essentially a year. the only thing that annoys me more than this supposed experiance everyon else seems to magically have is the fact that everyone I know and everyone with whom I come into contact in regards to my employment seems to say 'how come you havn't got a job? You've got a degree!'. the number of times I have managed to swallow down the anger (which will probably give me cancer or a stroke) this instills in me is unimaginable, alongside that being unemployed is now what defines me.

Every conversation comes around eventually to 'how's the job search going?' as if I would keep it to myself if I managed to get a job, or even an interview. It's not so bad with friends as this is just one topic of conversation of many, the main irritant comes from neighbours and family members who always ask about it straight away and then reply by either giving weak words of comfort (aww well, something will come along sooner or later) or using it to go on some half-hearted rant about things generally being shit.

But I digress, for whilst this rant has been somewhat satisfying I have something else to rant about which has been directly brought about my my chronic inability to find employment. this my friends, is what is called Full-Time Education and Training, or F.T.E.T. for short.

I would give you an explaination of what it is but I am currently unaware of any of the details and I hope to keep it that way for as long as possible so as to suspend all of the horrors which I shall soon be faced. All I am aware of is that it is a 13-week course to help ou with it skills and writing a CV, both of which I can do. It also promises me work experiance, although I'm not sure how 13 weeks of mandatory work experiance from the Job Centre will look on my CV. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, t is mandatory. If I do not go I shall recieve no money. I have to be there from 9:30am until 4:00pm Monday to thursday and 9:20 am until 2:00pm on Friday. At this moment in time I honestly cannot think of what I shall be doing there for all that time.

In the next 13 weeks I shall have a maximum of five days off. this is where this becomes less of an annoyance and more of an infringement on my life. this course will take me into September, to not attend is a seriously major hassle (you cannot imagine how inefficiant and ((what I believe to be )) purposely demoralising and frustrating the whole system is). Unless I find a job (which I honestly can't see me doing, EVER) I shall have to go through the problems which result of me dropping out. For you see, I have tickets to go to the Reading Festival ('if you've made holiday plans you'd better cancel them quickly', he said) and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss that event for this is life-draining exercise.

So that brings me to the end of my tale. What bands do you recommend I see at Reading?

Beat that tk! *

*As much as I would love for that to be the ultimate ending for this story I still have some resentment I need to spew. this one goes out to my teacher and my class-mates. Oh yes, it's like being back in school except every lesson is PSE and twice and useless.

I would like to begin with a few words about my teacher. For all intents and purposes he is the teacher but in reality he only has the job 'because he completed the course' we were doing. We recieved this information off an angry young man who was also taking the course, between the both of them there was a definate air of 'I hope you die a slow and painful death'. Due to this hatred he is incredibly uptight and annoying. In fact, there is not one thing that doesn't cut right down to the bone.

Firstly, his voice. It is annoying, almost a lisp, he is not very clear but seems to insist on reading everything aloud to the room. Also, he has facial hair. What you might call a goatee, except it is unkempt. It is whispy and the little bit under his bottom chin is thinly-spread and rather long. Facial hair is bad enough at the best of times, but this is undescribably bad. Now, I would freely admit that I am not the best dresser and I have literally no fashion sense but this guy is beyond. He wore a grey/silver shirt from Burtons with a dragon design (which ou imagine would be worn on a night-out or something) with a kind of multi-coloured tie with very thing, horizontal lines of colour that must have been made out of pure evil. His trousers were fine, standard black trousers (if you can't get that right then all hope is lost.) Another little habit he had was that he would constantly pace the room. this in itself was fine, what was not fine was the fact that his shoes squeeked. Every step he took went through me and I very nearly stabbed someone to death with a ball-point pen. It was either going to be him or me and I really didn't mind which.

I would like to end with a quick comment on my class-mates. they all seem tidy enough, except for one who has a angry bad-attitude and makes the atmosphere bad rather than the genial, farcical air that exists without him. they all seem unremarkable, although I've not really interacted with them. that's not quite true, I've spoken to one of them.

I came back from dinner (12pm-1pm, wtf?) at 12:58 and he was already in the room. Having been too far into the room to leave by the time I saw him I decided to sit down and force small-talk. having no knowledge of each other or likes and dislike we bonded over the only thing we knew we had in common, contempt for the course. So we mocked a little bit and I eventually found out he was 23 (24 sometime in August) and I thought 'oh, he's in almost exactly the same position as I'm in, only one year on.' that, I don't mind telling you was a big mistake. to make that psychological connection was to bring a downfall when he made the comment. the next words out of his mouth were 'my life has just wasted away'. this terrified me that in one year I could be this guy, doing another pointless exercise and wasting more time until I realised, I already had one up on this guy there's no way he's been unemployed longer than I have.

thankfully, I had no need to follow up this train of thought as a woman came into the room (we were still the only ones to have returned) and asked for our CVs. I said I didn't have a copy on me, hshe said to bring it in tomorrow and that we could both go home. Why she couldn't have told use that at 12pm and saved me hanging around for an hour is beyond me. But I suppose that's just symbolic of the ineffectual nature of local government.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote