View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 19:01   #5
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Goodbye Croydon... Hello Manchester!

Didsbury won't be too bad for Stockport if you dont mind going round the ring road (I have no idea what that part is like, but I think in rush hour its pretty nasty). Its still a little studenty there (the richer ones though) and quite pleasant, for Manchester. Withington, just up the road, is a major student haunt, and also fairly nice. From there you can easily bus to the city centre as well for nights out.

The A6 (the only real part of Stockport I have seen) is a git in rush hour as it is the main route into Manchester for those living in the southerly part of the Peaks. Id suggest trying to make sure you will be going against the main flow of traffic through this part.

However, heading closer into the city from Stockport you have Levenshulme. Dont live there.

Looking at the map to remind myself, Cheadle rings bells as being vaguely pleasant. Don't quote me on that though.

And theres a fair chance we may be persuaded to pop down to join some drinking, date depending. Its nice to get out occasionally.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote