View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 15:04   #80
Fatman

Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

About the Terran stats (since I'm a Terran player now and havent played since R6):

- Terran only have 4 classes left. No one in their right mind will build Behemoths, for obvious reasons.
- Terrans still have to rely heavily on their galaxy in the beginning. Together with the Zik they need medium factories to be able to build anti-FI. This was one of the biggest drawbacks early on, FI pods roiding you with impunity. And like the saying goes where I live: a good beginning is half the job.
- The Drake is the new Syren imo. It does work in the beginning as flak for your pods, but is useless later on. This feeling may be influenced by havoc where Ter can only attack Ter without losing a lot of score. ATM still 6 Ter in T100 \o/
- I love the new Peg init! I was so tired of getting roided by Illusions getting flanked by a gazillion Banshees and not being able to do anything about it. My galm8s went crazy when I, once again, asked for thieves.
- With the Ranger gone only the Scorpion is truely able to stop the BA roidfleet of the Terran.

Phoenix has a 7.3 better EMP resistance than a Phantom, resource for resource. The EMP engine seems to work the same way the 'war'-engine works, use it to your advantage ;-)

Found one error: 10 guns on a BW.

One question in general: Why make it so difficult to create good stats when the basic concept could be much more simpler if the number of shipclasses equals the number of races?