Thread: IRC client
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jan 2010, 23:36   #6
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: IRC client

We already have all those things, just not connected. The com-unit is only a boring irc-client so it could be boosted up with a good "PA-theme"

The next step would be to have a planetarion bot in every galchannel and alliancechannel that is connected to either galstatus or defpage ingame. This bot could then be used to either control defpage for alliance ingame, or galstatus ingame.

example of commands on com-unit in alliance channel would then be:
-showincs hanzi
-set hanzi eta5/6/7/8 cov/uncov/closed

It would then list the current ETAs i have incs and you can set my calls to the wanted status. A defpage have a tendancy to be a little messy and irc-control would make it a bit easier i think. But this is not a huge change as the defpage ingame is alright as it is now.

But imagine this in a galchannel, and suddenly it would be a lot easier to have control of all the incs ingal. I personally have used own bots to keep track of incs when DCing ingal, what i then have done is to mark what waves are covered and also added a battlecalc.

This idea should not be that hard to implement and could be a good start to help new players into the game. Basically all they have to do is click the com-unit to join galchan and #support for help. The problem is to keep them interested, and this is where a good looking PA-theme on the comunit and a friendly manual comes into play.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote