View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2008, 21:00   #47
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Interpreting the EULA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
May one ask what the conclusions were?

Also, I'm told the launch sequence is a post-form atm, however if you figured out what the correct post-sequence would be, I understand you could create such launch links anyway?
That the scan system in its current form did not breach the eula as it did not directly interface with the game.
That it didnt really give much of an advantage beyond all of 5 seconds saved entering the data manually
Also that it was trivial to block should pateam feel it is necessary

The difference between GET and POST is that GET sends the variable data in the URL - therefore anyone clicking the url submits the same data
with POST, the data is sent in the http headers, and can only be submitted by the person who enters it on the form - you cant give a link that fills in the fields as the data does not exist there.
it is impossible to generate a link which would work on a POST request.
You could create something that performs the POST request itself if you wanted to but that means directly interfacing with the game and thats something which is forbidden

edit: there *are* other ways which it could be done such as a custom plugin to automate form sending in the browser but thats something that i can see being written into the eula as banned