View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 23:00   #1
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
who were you/what did you do

how did your planet turn out/why and what kind of roider were you and how successful were you at it?

Me:

2:1:3 - Serenity of Blaspheme

Metal Crystal Eonium Value Score / Rank
4.847.322 4.704.817 4.709.375 17.650.731 21.766.251 / 14
doesn`t show much.

Asteroids (8717 total)
Metal Crystal Eonium
2987 2872 2858
quite happy with this amount of roids, as i was slightly peeved at losing roids consecutively for 3-4 days totalling 3k roids at tick 500~ heh.

Ships (181731 total)
Vsharrak 53103 Pulsar 74946
Arrowhead 11450 Bomber 17000
Boltthrower 1505 Lancer 6500
Broadsword 2080 Fireblade 2076
Dagger 10000 Sabre 2913
Trebuchet 158
Although end of round fleets dont actually mean much, as i built 15k vsh right before the end just to spend the res etc, not for any tactical reason.
My reasoning on having more pulsars than vsh was simply - terran de scare me
i made a mistake in building so many broads, i shouldve just gotten more arrows, as that wouldve been better for 1up. Trebs i never really cared about, never built more than 300 all round. Either of pods, ive never had much of either really, as i used other ships as flak.

Race: Xandathrii

Style: Fi-fleet. All-round i`ve had only a mediocre fr/de fleet, rarely hitting terrans, as i loved the fi fleet, quick roiding > *, most of the roids were from fi-attacks, unlike most other xanda`s. I had been a major use of the fr-faked as fi tactic, for my roids, the number of times people didn`t get both anti-fi and fr, helped me a lot. Attacking vsh+dags proved worth it in the end, as my idea was all-based on my line of thinking that, keeping your value low = win, as long as you growing proportionally roids/xp wise = win. This ofcourse gave me chances to hit low-value terrans with my usually mediocre fr/de fleet (although i did always have a decent # of bombers, compared to my lack of lancers anyway), and hit highvalue xands/ziks/caths who lack in fb/spiders/rogues with fi either faked as fr or a mass-surge, to brute force through. This went well, as i had nice xp and roids coming in in huge bursts. However, i did have long spells of barren roids, only 2-3 continous spells of roiding actually got me lots of roids (aka i got 5k roids in under a week, due to great luck with my fi attacks heh.)

All worked out generally i suppose, although i would`ve preferred not losing great amounts of roids tick500~ but, i guess, catching up was a fun part of the round. i attacked with vsh+daggers and whenever i could find a decent terran, hit one with my mediocre amount of bombers+lancers+sabres+trebs, and defended with whatever was needed out of my arrows or pulsars.

so, just to reiterate;
What race did you go as? what kind of fleet did you use to roid and why? how did that turn out for you?

(ps. mr.9.2.6 - did you think we (me and trev) were mad for landing on you with your 800~ fb? :/)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote