Thread: Round 61 stats
View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2015, 18:31   #22
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 61 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
UPDATE

Been looking to remove the same class firing - tried the suggestions of Paisley - but the Set became to much of a Single Targeting Set for my liking - and either do full ST or do a real MT imho

Basically co is still firing on co - but its only Ter Co which really is a Co-Stopper by nature (2nd target though)
The other CO hitting CO is either t3, emp or steal
Co allready been targeted by one upclass (fr), i didnt want to add a second (de) to it
Fighter also pretty much unchanged - only hit by fi and co - mutual attack class firing kinda irrelevant with only emp fi attack fleets (if nothing stolen)
Terran covopping FI Pods is a nice option though - but also a lot of anti fi around with phantoms and ofc emp prefiring potential terran fi attackfleets - a/c and d/c of harpy lowered slightly.
For other races i didnt wanna add this possibility apart from zik (stealing though). So their FI either hit FI only or CO only

Frigate now not firing on Frigate anymore, but therefore CR and vice versa

Battleships now only hit by DE and CR

Think thats some good workarounds without changing the overall functionality and character of this set too much

Aswell id be suggesting along with this set to highe XAN research output a lil, while lowering ETDīs
Its not a question of having full MT or Full ST, Its about having a set of stats that allows players good roiding options especially when folk have complained when the stats are defensive. there has been calls on AD to mothball Isilx's stats.

With the new changes the only real option for roids is going cath bs or etd fi fleet as they get first cut in and have the option to steal kill ships to compliment the EMP ships. You will naturally have xan and zik players who go the respective races because they either like faking alot or are kleptomaniacs.

Historically r38 and r40 were good MT stats because there was alliances who were aiming for #1 and went all in to go for it. Full MT stats (or 3 ship spam as I call it) in the current "NAPtarion" state it wouldn't be good at all.

R42 were good single targetting stats, I remember playing zik because they are good against xan (because they got first cut in against the xan def ships) and there was good scope to fake de as cr. In theory with the beta stats you could fake cath de as bs but you would need to cherry pick your targets. It is possible to fake xan fr as cr but cherry picking targets is needed.

Personally I prefer limited t2 stats (where every ship has targetting with a purpose)

What I would like you to do with your changes M0rpheus is to give a fleet analysis of each roiding fleet and give expectations to what the alliance will likely pick / choices the alliances will have.