View Single Post
Unread 3 Jul 2012, 14:33   #48
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: Prelaunch discussion...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
basicly we have "run like french" implemented to planetarion these days that makes it possible for the planet to set their base fleet not to fight incase someone lands, which kind of addresses the killed-in-1-night problem..
Yes and no. As I said, the problem is the combination of the 3 things I listed.
Having a safety-valve for your base fleet is very good, but what about the others? Must it be the last thing I do every night then, to move all my ships to the base fleet?

Quote:
the prelaunch thoughts and argues are from another perspective though. the idea is that at the moment 90% of the players of planetarion play like bots - they prelaunch, go to bed, wake up in 8hrs, jgp their target, calculate it, recall or land.. and this is done while the launchers themselves are asleep AND also their targets are mostly asleep..
Which is a very booooooring and silly game, and, I repeat myself, not a game that will attract or keep users.

Quote:
noone demands a person that is 25 years old and has morgage to pay and baby to feed to be around durning nights IF the PL is removed.. the idea ideally would be to make the community play on more various times of the day and make things happen more around the clock.. person that can not launch at 05:00 game time due to responsibilities in real life should not feel restrained and should deal with the game on more suitable times..
The problem is that it is more of an advantage to play the night-game, and the hardcore players will do that...And everyone not-quite-that-hardcore will fall off...

Quote:
once more, just to be sure, the idea is not to make it more easier for aussies/usa ppl, but to swift the playing times more around the clock and make it easier for the euros as well..
As long as there are better and worse times in which to launch an attack, the problem will exist.

My 3 cents......