Thread: A Plane Problem
View Single Post
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:58   #407
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: A Plane Problem

The engines provide thrust. The thrust pushes the plane forwards. The plane rolls forwards because the wheels roll along the static runway by virtue of the fact that they're attached to what would be a static airplane if it weren't for the engines pushing it and the wheels removing most of the friction against the ground.

If I park my jet propelled car outside of Woolworths on a road that is a magic treadmill, no matter how fast I try to go by increasing the throttle, the treadmill is moving equally the other way, so in twenty minutes time when I get out the car, I'll still be outside Woolworths.

Attach wings to my car, and unless there's a 180mph wind coming at me, I'm not taking off.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote