View Single Post
Unread 11 Aug 2014, 10:07   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Changes to traveltime

The introduction of geography is something I've been interested in seeing for a few years now, but the design and implementation effort required is probably beyond what the volunteers of PA Team can invest. I am also a little concerned that the universe may have shrunk to the point of making it non-viable.

The large differences in ETAs between the classes that OP proposes seems like a bad idea to me.

One overhaul that I would like to see is a simple inversion:

Cr/Bs base ETA: 8
Fr/De base ETA: 9
Fi/Co base ETA: 10

That way, the fleet that you get with minimal research is the slowest, and the one that takes the longest to research is the fastest. It would have little to no impact beyond that.

I also rather like Machado's idea of leveling the travel times. To make that work with the inversion I suggested above, you could increase the base ETA of all fleets by 1, make Hypergate only work for Fi/Co/Fr/De, and add a new travel time research that only works for Fi/Co (call it "Reactor Miniaturization", I'm making this shit up as I go along):

Stargate:
Cr/Bs ETA: 8
Fr/De ETA: 9
Fi/Co ETA: 10

Hypergate:
Fr/De ETA: 8
Fi/Co ETA: 9

"Reactor Miniaturization":
Fr/De ETA: 8
Fi/Co ETA: 8

That would be a little more work to implement, and some tinkering with the RP cost of travel time research to help Xan, but nothing major.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote