View Single Post
Unread 27 Dec 2009, 20:44   #138
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Not really, no. LDK have lost so many rounds it can't have that much serious impact. Even at the peak of their cheating activity in the early rounds, LDK got beaten by quality outfits regardless. And that says a lot given they are a quality outfit themselves.
And What about eXil in particular r15 with the mysterious Vsh support planets (The round where the frig class anti fi fired before Fi class anti Frig) I cant be arsed with another 1up v eXil discussion.

Quote:
I'm supposed to feel bad that two alliances got a bad deal in your opinion, what?
Feel free to do what you like.

Quote:
We have always operated within the rules, and used Munin's SMS functionality. Most of our wins have been down to superior political and military strategy rather than being more active than everybody else. And we're certainly less active than Apprime who seem to have a deathwish regarding their own activity levels. If anything you are far better placed using text messages than VNC because of your improved communication. There is actually very little incentive to cheat.
The difference between SMS and VNC is SMS is still dependent on the player logging in and send recall the required fleet. Vnc can be used as a backup in the advent the player isnt able login to the game at the required time. That itself is an incentive for its use.
As I said in a previous post it cant be independently Confirmed or disproved if VNC is used or not.
Farming ships does have an incentive as in ziks trying to obtain pods like mosquitos, illusions etc.

Quote:
I find playing planetarion difficult (I am rubbish at getting high scoring planets as it goes) but I just get on with it.
Problem is this isnt helping PA to retain the new players it needs.

Quote:
I know what VNC is/does. I know it's hard to detect. It's just not enough of a problem to warrant action.
Quote:
In fairness anyone with an understanding of game mechanics and planet behaviour can spot ship or salvage farming. Many slip through the net not because it's not detectable, but because the way this rule is applied gives the suspected cheater too much benefit of the doubt.
Quote:
Which is precisely why nothing should be done.
The status Quo is not addressing the problem of multing... change is needed to address the problem. wether if it is altering game mechanics / imposing alliance penalties / other suggestions could do with further exploration.

Edit [/quote] fix
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote