View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2009, 17:56   #98
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: Support planet rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Thats certainly a valid point about def soaking... but even support planets need roids :P
Which brings me to a thought I had all the time: Def support planets tend to have pretty one sided fleets (as they arenīt really big mostly they need to concentrate on a certain def ship to be effective) and can rather easily be roided, which makes up for it to some (limited) degree.

Quote:
The scanners were brought into tag eventually and also the spies were in other alliances tags but didnt def subh. the spies did have to join the respective allies tags and send def to keep their cover
Probably should have put a smiley behind my comment as I wasnīt dead serious there, though the basic point would have been correct, as I stated earlier in my post out of tag scanners would at least free up spots in tag for "real planets".
I donīt bother about spies really, as you said they need to participate in the actions of the alliance they spy on so their options for sending support fleets to their real alliance are rather limited if it isnīt ingal, which would be fine anyway.

Iīd still like to see proof on a relevant use of support planets though. I said earlier I canīt remember seeing it much at all for a long time - keep in mind I donīt consider the cooperation of two allies as "use of support planets".
In the end, I think one of the basic question in this discussion should be whether support planets are an issue at all or not.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote