View Single Post
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:15   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A slight take on recent events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
I was refering to Gates comment of ND playing more politics than waging war these days.

I don't think there was anything dishonorable about the attacks on Asc, I just believe ND/CT made a tactical error and played perfectly into the hands of Urwins. In this situation, you might say that trying to play politics failed ND, and smashed any chances they might have had at repeating their last round effort.

I don't think they did. They effectively reduced something that was until then a four alliance race into a 3 alliance race. While you might think that it was stupid of them to do so, the tactic behind it was more the fact that they probably thought they could take out urwins on a later stage. WP dominated the top spot round 13 for most of the round but still lost, most people knew they weren't gonna hold under pressure, and they didn't.

And the fact that it was so close between the top three, and still is, tells me that CT and ND did the right thing.