Thread: Covops
View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 17:54   #6
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Covops

HI LINKIE, HI PATRIKC.

I miss my 5 dists, my 1 amp and 10 of my roids.

It has to be say I hate cov ops, I can't get my head around having to pay around 500K of each res for just 2.5k guards, which brings my alert to a somewhat decent level now, but later - well once I have 2x roids - I'll need more. So if the initial cost isn't a killer I have to then spend 5000 of each resource per tick, every tick for the rest of the round. That will quickly become way more damaging (in my opinion) than any cov op missions would do, the problem is, covops come in a short damaging burst so you do NEED sec guards every now and then, however firing them is a total waste of resources, keeping them is, oh, a total waste of resources.

You just can't win, it's utterly ****ing awful and I hate it. At least I don't have to wait for 8 ticks any more while I lose all my constructions from protection (just a bummer if you're asleep when the 1st one hits).

I'm not saying I know how to fix it - but ships don't require maintenance. Why must I pay wages, sure it might get easy to get immune but who cares, cov ops is evil. EVIL. Just give scanners a better thing to do during the round, or better yet, remove the need for scanners by introducing one of the many suggested replacement systems.

(I probably made a few mistakes, and took no consideration for the other side of the debate, but I needed to vent some rage )

I just noticed resource statistics, you should add cov op wages to that so a few people like me can go emo on the last tick of the round when 10% of there value is in a space void.
Code:
	Covert Guards Metal	500,000	
	Covert Guards Crystal	500,000	
	Covert Guards Eonium	500,000
^^ADD WAGES :D