View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 11:39   #5
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough
Re: Blue's Stats Discussion

For ease - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Z6k/edit#gid=0

Hi pal

Just going off a cursory glance here - you can probably disregard 1 or 2 things. Your stats look a bit more traditional than BB's set.

I'd probably switch either Corsair or Dagger to normal, or at least change their init, because right now they just steal each other and that's a bit weird to me :P In fact, I think I prefer init change and keep steal (in favour of the fighter) as to not make CO too strong.

Out of the current zik ships, I'd pick Scavenger and Clipper to go normal instead of steal - mostly because I don't see too much use for stealing their t1's and I think it would help Zik be more playable. I left the attack fleets steal only (apart from Clipper) because I think that's actually fun and has good faking prospects :P

The common problem might be that Etd and Xan both have a ship which dominates fi, although I can see how in the Etd case it will help DE teamups land. That said you might consider changing t2 FI of Mantis to Moth instead - although I see that messes up your inits a bit.

It seems to me that fighters (ter and etd especially, xan not so much) suffer somewhat from inits, and the ter fi doesn't do too much damage either. Etd ships in general could probably do with a little bit more armor but lack of calcs makes it a bit difficult to see if this is indeed a problem or actually good design. (So I guess disregard that for now) - Ter FI E/R makes them look a bit vulnerable to Ants (who'd ever say that...)

As for the ant - comparing it to last round's beetle/spider situation, Santa ended up adding 1 more gun to the spider/ant and increasing it's E/R to compensate for it's init. It might be needed here as well, altho your Ant is a lot cheaper so again, who knows - just thought I'd FYI.

Edit moving on:
Pedlar (DE, norm, t1 BS) - I don't like it at all. It has lower init and a/c than Pegasus, but more expensive and costlier in crystal than metal (was this an emp before?).

Scavenger (BS, steal, t1 DE) - don't really see this is a useful ship. DE targets both CR and BS and you already have a CR who steals DE. Even if it were normal, I wouldn't know why I'd build it - it has no advantage over the CR (in fact, CR is t2 to Etd DE, but BS is t1).

Cutter (DE, steal t1 CR) - same as the scavenger, FR version exists and both are T1 by CR. Maybe lower init would help it.

Dreadnaught (CR, norm, t1 DE) - same as above, Wyvern takes it.

Centaur (FR, norn, t1 FI) - same as above, Chimera takes it.

Devastator might be useful against Xan FR, it looks decent, but not too practical. Probably a decent ally def ship tho.

Etd DE in general - seems very expensive and little efficient compared to other DE.

Etd FI looks quite good vs ally def, but no init advantage and the Vendor has very low D/C. Very high E/R however, guessing you want them as anti-beetle or something? Might be true for the whole race from the looks of it.

The Predator (CR, cloak, t1 FR) looks very good, but it suffers from ETA so I'm gonna assume this is a selfcover ship. Might be cool if you manage to steal Zik Fr and then steal CR again, but... Meh, it's probably all right.

Giving Ghost t2 CR might help it.

Black Widow has DE alternative available as well, but massive price difference might make it viable. Actually a very good ship probably.

I don't like that in general, you need 5 ships to shoot at everything (or leave a hole and rely on ally, but that favours the active more than already happens - dunno if thats a bad thing, but there it is)

Last edited by Machado; 24 Jul 2014 at 12:05.
Machado is offline   Reply With Quote