View Single Post
Unread 24 Nov 2015, 18:36   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
How to make stats, Best practice approach requested

Hi All,

The goal of this thread is not to discuss stats but to help potential non-experienced stats maker on how to start stats. I personally have thought about giving it a go and have a few ideas on how to go about it but since I know some of you have refined your methods on how to create stats over several rounds I would like to get your "best practice". Eventually I would like to turn this into a guide on how novice stats maker could (or should) approach their own stats creation.

Another goal is to (hopefully) have you guys share your excel spreadsheets with all the formulas filled in and potential stats makers would just have to fill in initiative, guns, armor, damage and cost in order to calculate efficiency and manually adjust E/R. I know this wont be perfect but it will be a starting point.

@Mzyxptlk: I have seen in several stats thread that you created a nice summary of the stats analyzed. Here is an example of what I mean http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...2&postcount=14 . Did you make a program/script to do this or did you do this manually? If its a program would you be willing to share it?

If you are interested in contributing to the best practice what I am looking for is something along the lines of.

1) Decide on goals of the stats, MT or ST
2) Decide on pod class and the number of pods per race
3) etc...

Yes I realize the above is simplistic but just to give you an idea. Hardest part is the tweaking and understanding the repercussions of the effect of a change which comes through experience. I am not a stats maker and have never made stats. I am able to read stats and gain insight but I have also missed a few things.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but instead of starting from scratch and dealing with all the growing pains associated with that I figured I would learn from other stats makers mistakes so I don't do them and hopefully come up with a viable alternative set.

Thanks
-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote