View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 13:15   #533
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Let me make an example. Around here, consultants aren't around to simply express their own opinions to their clients. They cooperate, they discuss, they're intrested in different views on different subjects, and they're very rarely not intrested in hearing your view on things just because they don't find it relevant. It could be that consulting culture is very different in where you come from.

Again, I don't care how brilliant a consultant you are. It simply doesn't show on your reading comperhension here, and yet, I'm not the only person to feel this way.
Nope, we apply exactly the same culture here. You don't need to tell me how a consultant should work. I've been a consultant for nearly 6 years and I'm extremely good in my particular field of work (not my words, though I do agree).

Perception is everything when you're a consultant. It doesn't matter what you deliver. If the customer is satisfied with what you deliver, then you've done a good job. Regardless if the solution is the best available one.

Eventually, it's their decision and their solution. I just guide them, implement it and give my expertise on things to come to a solution, taking into account tons of factors. But I don't make "decisions" unless they give me carte blanche.

This is a forum. a Gaming forum to be exact. You can't compare this with real life. I mean, on a forum everyone lowers him/herself to an insult every now and then. If I'd insult my customer even once, I'd be fired and my reputation (perception is everything) would be ruined.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote