View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 13:48   #508
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Nway, it seems you don't expect nor want an explanation from me. So who am I to change that?

Dude I have asked for an explanation multiple times, I can't repeat myself to infinity. My argument still is that Zidane's opinion is valuable in the case of discussing footballing rules because he's a former well appreciated professional footballer - especially in that sense that, given his cultural background, certain unsporting behaviour that does not necessarily cause him physical damage might bring him more grief than a headbutt in the chest would. I've been making this point simply to elaborate that arguing that Spain's breaking of the rules is less bad than the Dutch breaking the rules is an empty argument because the bottom line is that they're both equally breaking the rules: in the case of the finale, say Iniesta got off with play acting fairly easily (resulting in a yellow card for Van der Wiedl), while De Jong was punished for his kick (although arguably the punishment may not have been sufficient).

Your reaction was that Zidane's opinion is not relevant because a) you, "Kjeldoran", are not Zidane, or b) Zidane is not posting on this thread. I've been trying to elaborate why I think none of these two claims are really valid in argumentative terms, because one could say Zidane carries a certain expertise in the subject football, which does make a way to validating his opinion in the subject. Even you've implied earlier on this thread that former footballer's opinions carry weight by taking Johan Cruijff's opinion aboard. Hence I've been trying to ask why Zidane's opinion now suddenly isn't relevant, but so far you've refused to come up with any explanation on this (apart from sidetracking into strawmen).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote