View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 11:59   #13
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: two additional ship types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
nah, let them be targeted by stealing ships. the pilots would board the ship, the appropriate ships would be destroyed, then the flag ship would explode killing everyone on board!

i like the limiting idea, but maybe limit it to 1 per planet or such so its not like a "have to have one in every fleet" type thing.

i'd probably more like an idea that 'forces' xan to research siege hulls and have to build those factories this could quite possibly do it, if the other races didn't have to do any additional research to produce the ship.

Well, the basic idea is simple enough.

Two new ship classes.
Flagships
Marine Carriers.

The flagship has some ability (obviously in discussion of what that might be.)
The marine carrier is the anti flagship vessel.

You could add simple extra's into research or tech tree areas that add to the game.

OR, if I were to take another tack, how about this.
Creators of Alliances gain a flag ship.
The Flagship has to be defended/ protected
The Flagship brings an attack modifyer into any battle where it exists (ie, alliance members get a 10% attack bonus (yes, I realise I just picked a ludicrous arbitary number there, but its just an example, for the sake of discussion)
If an enemy alliance takes a flagship, they gain the res in the alliance fund, or steal the taxable rate from alliance members for X ticks (examples, could be other things.).
The alliance creator HC gets a new Flagship after X ticks (or has to build one..)

Aim of the idea - to bring into play a strategic element for alliances to fight/defend in the game.

Ad